Here we publish a translation of guidelines that the agitators in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine have issued to convince the population they are not marauders or murderers. The detailed translation was provided by https://twitter.com/Janat_H1
The guidelines were issued on 1 July 2022, and the original files published by the Ukrainian GUR can be found on GUR’s Facebook page:
Now, to the contents.
– As stated in the preamble, “the document is distributed exclusively to instructors affiliated with the leadership of “United Russia” and cannot be passed on to third parties for review.”
Guidelines for working with the population of the liberated territories of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions for public organizations and other departments
Approved: Starikov R.G.
Edition No. 3 of 07/01/2022
For administrative use
1. General Provisions
1. These guidelines have been developed for work in the liberated territories of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions, as well as other territories liberated at the time of receipt of the document.
2. The guidelines contain the main points for working with the population of the liberated territories and must be strictly followed.
3. Publication, photo, or video copying of this document is strictly prohibited!
4. The document will be distributed ONLY among instructors affiliated with the leadership of “United Russia” and cannot be transferred for familiarization to third parties, including those affiliated to work in the liberated territories.
5. The document is kept directly by the instructors affiliated with the leadership of the “United Russia” political party.
It follows from the document that the Kremlin party “United Russia” is determined to be the only body that supervises the work of the occupation administrations in the captured Ukrainian territories. Any other organisations can appear with the approval and strict control of Putin’s party. On the other hand, the very connection of the occupation structures with “United Russia” is classified information and cannot be disclosed.
2. Organization of work and collection of humanitarian aid
1. Public organizations engaged in the assembly, delivery and distribution of humanitarian cargo must be registered on the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. To work with the local population of the liberated territories of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions, only persons approved by the instructors of “United Russia” or other authorized structures are allowed.
3. It is forbidden to allow people with an unstable psyche, serious health problems, as well as people who have an incorrect vision of the political situation around these territories to work.
4. Already existing organizations with experience in organizing the delivery and distribution of humanitarian cargo are allowed to work.
5. It is allowed to collect material resources from the population on a voluntary basis, as well as sponsorship by affiliated representatives of small and medium-sized businesses.
6. It is forbidden to accept food products, as well as medicines (including hermetically sealed ones) from third parties due to the increasing cases of attempts to poison the military personnel of the RF Armed Forces, as well as the population of the liberated territories.
7. It is forbidden to accept from the public any equipment, including mobile phones and dual-use equipment due to the possibility of installing tracking devices.
8. When forming a group, it should be taken into account that the delivery of humanitarian cargo is carried out jointly with representatives of law enforcement agencies and other persons delegated by the military-civilian administrations of the region.
According to the “methodology”, the occupiers are allowed to “collect material funds from the population”. On the opposite, it is strictly forbidden to take food products and medicines (including hermetically sealed ones) due to frequent cases of poisoning.
3. Organization of the delivery of humanitarian cargo
1. Organizations carrying out activities for the delivery of humanitarian cargo to the liberated territories coordinate their activities with the territorial organizations of “United Russia,” including in the liberated territories.
2. Delivery of goods is carried out by transportation by road through the “Chongar” checkpoint.
3. The route of movement through the liberated territories of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions is coordinated with representatives of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
4. All transport routes included in the itinerary are the only safe ones for the movement of humanitarian cargo.
5. When passing through border control, persons delivering humanitarian cargo must have with them:
5.1. Identity cards.
5.2. Documents confirming belonging to an organization that delivers humanitarian cargo.
5.3. A detailed inventory of humanitarian cargo, certified by the head of the organization.
5.4. Route sheet of the organization.
5.5. Other documents confirming the intention to deliver humanitarian cargo.
6. When delivering humanitarian cargo, the degree of population needs must be taken into account, the needs are approved by the heads of local administrations, village councils, and other structures.
7. Photo and video recordings of the transfer of goods are carried out without specifying any personal data of the persons receiving the humanitarian cargo.
This section simply lists procedures for delivering humanitarian aid to the population. We can only notice that the process is strictly controlled and is allowed to take place on specific roads to avoid ambushes.
4. Work with the population of the liberated territories
1. The work of public organizations that are not associated with the United Russia WFP is necessary in order to establish contact with persons who have no idea about the political system of the Russian Federation, as well as persons who avoid working with political parties and organizations.
2. Communication and coordination with the bodies of “United Russia” are confidential for the population of the liberated territories and are not disclosed when working with the population.
3. To carry out the work, the least protected segments of the population should be selected as the target audience, including large families, retirees, and others (lists of persons falling under these categories can be clarified with the heads of local administrations, village elders).
4. Humanitarian aid is provided impersonally on behalf of all citizens of the Russian Federation.
5. Answers to the frequently asked questions can be found in Table No. 1 of the appendix to this document.
6. In case of encountering resistance and manifestation of active aggression against persons delivering humanitarian supplies from the local population of the liberated territories, it is necessary to urgently leave the territory and inform the local representation of law enforcement agencies.
7. When encountering armed resistance and moving unaccompanied by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Military Police of the Russian Federation, or the military units of the DPR and LPR, it is necessary to notify the previously mentioned authorities urgently.
We can judge from the documents that the agitators are encouraged to work with the most vulnerable members of the society in the occupied territories, including large families and the elderly. Additionally, those who refuse to accept humanitarian aid from the invaders are at risk of being pursued by the occupational law enforcement bodies.
5. Arrival and departure according to the itinerary
1. Upon arrival at the destination and departure from the destination, the groups must inform the local bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Military Police of the Russian Federation, and the Military Civil Administration.
2. Coordination en route may be carried out by representatives of the authorities indicated above.
3. In the event of an air raid warning en route, it is urgent to find the nearest shelter in houses and buildings that can withstand the impact of shells.
4. Stopping in the forests without the knowledge of representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Military Police of the Russian Federation is prohibited due to the presence of mining in a number of territories.
5. Stopping in villages without the knowledge and escort of representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Military Police of the Russian Federation, and army units of the DPR and LPR is prohibited.
Clearly there are few safe zones for the occupational authorities as they are prohibited from stationing in forests or even local villages due to a risk to their lives. This leaves us wondering what they are hoping to achieve in lands where danger awaits for them in every corner.
Table with Frequently Asked Questions
The following tables contains answers to the questions frequently asked by the locals. There is a lot of unpack here, but a few notable examples include question 11 – if someone doesn’t want to live in Russia, the agitators are encouraged to contact law enforcement agencies, or question 19 where the instructor must state they are not affiliated with any political party, despite this exact document contradicting this. Traditionally, any mention of legal president Zelenskiy should get an answer stating he is a drug addict, as we see in the question 28.
Do we even need to touch upon question 4?
Appendix No. 1
Edition No. 3 of 07/01/2022
№ Potential Questions Answer Options Notes 1 Is this humanitarian aid from Russia? That’s right, this humanitarian aid is from ordinary people who sympathize with the residents. It is important to indicate that help is provided by ordinary people. 2 Will Russia bomb us? No, the Russian Federation carries out only precision strikes on military targets. If they refer to Ukrainian news – these news stories are false in order to discredit the Russian Federation. 3 Is Russia here for good? Yes, you don’t need to be afraid, the Russian Federation is not retreating. In the case they mention previously liberated territories where a retreat was undertaken, this was not according to the SMO plans.
4 I don’t like (name of military-civil official) Russia is a true democracy, and you can choose any officials you like, or you can run for office yourself. It is desirable to avoid this topic in communication, say you’re apolitical. 5 When will the referendum take place? September 11 on the Single Voting Day. 6 What will happen if Ukraine returns? Ukraine will not return to these territories. 7 Why is the fighting going on? There is a battle for the liberation of the Nikolaev region, in the near future, all the goals of the SMO will be fulfilled. It can be said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are shelling the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions due to hatred of the population. 8 I speak Ukrainian. What will happen to me? Nothing, in Crimea, for example, there are three official languages. If you know Ukrainian, you can switch to it. 9 What’s currently happening to Ukraine? Ukraine is being divided by the USA and Europe, soon its statehood will cease to exist. You can refer to the fact that in the western regions, the Polish zloty is already in circulation along with the hryvna. 10 Will I be able to travel to other regions of Ukraine or Europe? It depends only on the authorities of Ukraine and European countries. It is worth mentioning that now Russian-speaking people are being persecuted all over the world. 11 I do not want to live in Russia. You are simply afraid. Russia is a country of great opportunities, it has a great history. Notify the military police or other law enforcement agencies. 12 What happened in Crimea in 2014? The referendum took place. Everything was calm, the majority supported the desire to become part of the Russian Federation. It is worth mentioning that Crimea lives peacefully and with a dialogue of cultures, a lot of money is allocated for the construction of roads, and facilities. 13 What will happen to the destroyed houses? All houses and other buildings will be restored after the referendum at the expense of Russia. 14 We don’t have money, where can I get social payments or financial assistance? You should contact the authorities, the military-civil administration, or other supervising structures. Call for obtaining Russian citizenship as soon as possible, since more opportunities for payments will be available. 15 We are afraid of the local resistance movement (partisans). You can report any known information to law enforcement agencies. Point out that these are not partisans, but Ukrainian sabotage groups. 16 What will happen to Ukrainian passports? Will they be taken away? No, you keep them. 17 How can I ask for targeted assistance? You can let us know your needs and we will make every effort to collect funds. 18 Will children be taught in schools from September? In what language? Yes, everything will be carried out according to plan, schools will work as usual. Education will be offered in Russian, however, you can apply to have classes created with instruction in Ukrainian. Refer to the experience in Crimea. 19 Why are you doing this, are you getting paid for it? No, we are volunteers, we work on behalf of all caring citizens and do not receive any remuneration for this. In addition, you are not a member of political parties. 20 Is everything calm in Crimea? Yes, thanks to the Russian army, the Crimeans have not known the sounds of gunshots for a long time. 21 Why is the Russian army engaged in looting? The Russian army is not engaged in looting, unlike the Armed Forces of Ukraine If you become a witness, say that this is a human factor and all those responsible will be brought to justice. 22 Is Russian army shelling Ukrainian cities? No, only military targets. 23 What is the healthcare system like in Russia? Better than in Ukraine. Russia has one of the best healthcare systems. 24 They say that there is poverty in Russia.
This is a lie, in Russia almost everyone can afford a private car. Tell them that cars in the Russian Federation are cheaper than in Ukraine 25 What army will our children serve in? In the Russian Army. 26 Our relatives live in Ukraine – will we be able to communicate with them and see each other? Of course, in Russia there is no hatred for ordinary Ukrainians. 27 We are told about Bucha (or any other fake).
This is a fake from Zelensky and his team. Advise to get acquainted with the investigation done by Russian military correspondents, remind about Zelensky’s previous occupation. 28 Does Zelensky really hate us? Zelensky decides nothing, everything is decided by his curators from the United States. Mention that he is a drug addict. 29 My relatives are fighting in the Armed Forces of Ukraine (any other unit) Recommend to persuade them to switch over to the side of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. Notify the military police or other law enforcement agencies. 30 Why is military equipment located near houses? For your protection and safety. Mention that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are hiding behind residential facilities